Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Gracenotes

I see a lot of balance in my life. Every day seems to wobble with little joys and setbacks, but ultimately reaches stability.
Today was full of wobbles.
In tap we prepared our routine for our upcoming test, and I struggled to keep my hands from flapping awkwardly and my face from becoming a mask of concentration. This made me anxious and overconcious and prone to silly mistakes, which are not easily masked in tap.
In tap I built up a growing friendship.

I tried to go to devotional, but there wasn't one. The girl I went with left me sitting alone.
They played an old devotional from 1994, and I felt inspired.

I took my American Heritage test today. I was really nervous. I got an 82%
That was worse than I wanted but better than I probably deserved. I'm so grateful for the help of my Heavenly Father with my studies.

I went for a very long exploring walk today.
I gained a few blisters.
I shed a few worries.
I found peace.

I tried to go to the temple today, but it was closed.
Instead, I had a scintillating conversation with a new friend.

It really made me think.
And I am grateful.

I am grateful for the people who have been sent into my life.
I am grateful for my opportunities, for my talents, and for my time.
I am grateful for a loving Father who knows what I need even as I whine to Him about what I want.

2 comments:

  1. I am grateful for you and that I get to read your innermost thoughts in your blog! and other things I am gratful for other things too......haha

    ReplyDelete