- Thaddeus Golas
I've been doing a lot. I'm taking eleven classes (five of them are dance classes, so it's not THAT crazy, but it is time consuming) and just when I thought I had finished my midterms, another wave hits. I have three next week. Sometimes it's hard to love what I'm doing, and then we learn a beautiful dance or I find a pretty leaf or I watch a thought provoking play and I love it again.
I've been feeling a lot, too. Fear of inadequacy, homesickness, lonliness... and love and strength and bliss. My roomate must think I'm bipolar, I swear.
Sometimes it helps to recognize what I love about myself, because I forget to love myself.
I love the shadow my lower lip casts on my chin. I only recently noticed it, and it's a unique and beautiful thing.
I love my hair (sometimes). It's thick and wavy and naturally blonde. I'd like it longer, I'd like it less frizzy and dry, but I take pride in my mane. It's wild.
I love that I can run four miles. I used to die running one lap in high school. (One year I asked my teacher if I could try skipping instead and she let me. I felt like a fairy.)
I love that I have opinions. I love that I can sometimes manage to voice them eloquently and convincingly.
I love that I am alive.
No comments:
Post a Comment