Tuesday, June 8, 2010

At least out loud, I won't say I'm...

"in love"

Loving is as easy as breathing for me.
When I love someone, I tell them.
Often.
I convince others [and myself] that this is completely fine, because I'm not "in love" with them.
So what is "in love?"
I don't know. I've never been in love.
But I know that when I am in love, I won't be asking this question.
I'll know.

Love is peaceful.
Love is feeling comfortable with someone.
Love isn't clingy. It's a choice, not an obligation.
It is mutual respect for and interest in another person.
Love is the most divine attribute of the human soul.
Ideally, it should be felt toward every spiritual brother and sister.
I know what love is. I have felt it.

I suppose being "in love" is all of this, and more.
It's being so intertwined, that you become one in purpose.
It's growing closer to God together.
It's building a life.
Being "in love" is infinite.
It never stops growing or expanding.
It is the most powerful force in the universe.
It is, I believe, what our Heavenly Father feels for us.
Being "in love" is hardly romantic.
It is the closest we have to magic.

I have never felt this, so I can only guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment