Sunday, June 6, 2010

So it begins

"People have to talk about something just to keep their voice boxes in working order so they'll have good voice boxes in case there's ever anything really meaningful to say."
-Kurt Vonnegut

When I was younger, I spoke a lot. I talked to hear myself talk, and I talked to be heard. I had a lot to say, and all of it was important. I still have this loquacious inclination, but it has been tempered. I think about what I say for ages before I decide to say it. Usually by then, the moment to speak has passed. So sometimes, I don't say anything even when I have a lot to say, and it needs a place to come out.

This is my place.

I will not be silent. I will rant and I will ramble. This is not for you to read, though you are welcome to read. This is for me. There is power in writing, and I will find that power. I will write because someday I may think something worth sharing, and I wouldn't want to forget how to say it.


No comments:

Post a Comment